The FSS Program is a five-year voluntary program designed to help families achieve self-sufficiency by providing case management and referrals to supportive social services not limited to:
- Child Care/Transportation/Budgeting/Counseling
- Education (H.S. diploma, GED, Community College and Four Year institutions)
- Job Search and Work Skills/Legal Services
- Parenting Skills/Health/Food & Nutrition
- Career Guidance Counseling
- Communication Skills/Stress Management
- Drug & Alcohol Counseling
- Stress Management/Self-Esteem/Motivation
To participate, a family must be a Public Housing or Section 8 participant of the Housing Authority. Participation is voluntary; the only requirements are a willingness to seek employment and a desire to become self-sufficient.
The incentive for participating in the FSS program is a unique savings opportunity to qualifying families known as an escrow account, which is a savings account created and maintained by the Housing Authority. Please contact Natalia Jebri or Veronica Esparza at (209)557-2022 or (209)557-2027. Alternatively, you can email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.